Sunday, March 08, 2009

And Another Thing...

I am in a permanent state of song-stuck-in-the-head, except I have a whole album stuck in mine. Chris Thile's How to Grow a Woman from the Ground won't get out of my head. If I'm concentrating on something else, I always start to hum abstractedly, and lately, it's been tunes off that particular disc that have always been the running soundtrack waiting to pounce. It's not that I don't listen to other things, either. I have tried to drive it out with ZZ Top, the Stones, Howlin Wolf, Ella Fitzgerald, Third Day, TobyMac, good disco, and Bach. That mandolin won't go, though. How does he do that? It's not annoying, just weird, but if it goes on much longer, I think I'm going to start getting worried....

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:16 AM CDT

    You'll never get that song out of your head. The whole album is a masterpiece. Just enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....