Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cancelled Class

I came home today after a long day to find that little red light blinking on my answering machine.  I hate that answering machine light.  I never come home to find that a friend has called just to say hi.  I never come home to find that someone has left me a fortune or that I've won a fabulous prize.  It's always an obligation, a reminder of something I want to avoid like a doctor's appointment, or bad news of some kind. It's gotten to the point that I almost hate even to look toward the answering machine when I come through the door in a good mood because I just know, know, that if that menacing incarnadine light is winking at me, somebody is about to ask me for something or I'm about to have to put out a fire somewhere.

Today was no exception.  When I pressed the button, there were a couple of harmless messages followed by the whammy.  My ceramics class, the long-awaited pottery class, has been canceled due to low enrollment.  Crap.  Now what?  I was so excited about this, and it's been jerked out from under my feet after I've done no more than throw one small cylinder.  I can't let this be the end.  There has to be a way to keep learning this art in spite of the best efforts of the hateful little light to the contrary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....