Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Beauty of Technology

I am constantly amazed by what technology allows me to do. I have almost a whole season of Warehouse 13 on my DVR right now, and I don't even know how much David Tennant-y DW goodness is waiting from Sunday's all day BBC-America goodness for me to enjoy at my leisure. Since TV frequently stinks or bores me, I adore this thing and can't understand for the life of me why I waited so long to get one. It's so nice not to have to worry about how long I'm gone so that the few shows I do actually care about following are waiting on me when I can get around to them.

My iPod touch is also a thing of loveliness. Apple just makes nice stuff. I am having so much fun with this little gadget. I am trying not to be tacky and run around stores and so forth with it in my ears, but I have to say it's tempting. Having all my music in one place constantly makes me happy, and the apps that Apple has allow customization on an epic scale, which is absolutely right up my alley.

Of course, my little netbook still fascinates me. I mean, it fits in my freakin' purse. How nifty is that? I love it when tech tools are powerful and small. It makes me smile. Huginn is in fact the thing I'm using right now to blog this...

A future gadget I'm interested in is the tablet Apple is coming out with. It also looks like a thing I would love. If it does half of what they say it will, it will probably go on my drool list. Maybe I can add it to my geek stash in the future, to this list of beautiful technology that makes my life better and easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....