Monday, November 08, 2010

Stream of (un)Consciousness

Stress hit me 6th period in the form of an email, and with it, the vise grip of a migraine.  I delayed taking a pill too long, waiting until after school to get to the Maxalt, and by that time, the pain had dug in tenacious talons.  It literally felt as though someone was sliding a burning hot instrument into my brain, very quickly, over and over.  I put my head on my desk and screamed.  No masks, no pretenses of higher functioning were possible.  I just laid there and cried. 

Mom came and got me.  I don't know what I'd do without her.  The Maxalt eventually got ahead of the pain, but I'm weak, loopy, saying stupid things.  I remember saying something as I left the building about the sky in the view out the big window on the stairs looking like El Greco's View of Toledo.  And, well, yeah, it did, but who the hell says stuff like that?  Me on Maxalt, apparently...  Apparently, all my inner monologue comes falling right out of my mouth in this situation as if it isn't already bad enough to have to have somebody come help me get home like an invalid.

I'm wiped out.  I'm just waiting now for them to get my vehicle back here, then I'm going to bed.  God grant tomorrow is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....