Thursday, November 18, 2010

Two Faces

I hate it when people say one thing to one group of people and turn around and say another to me.  I know that such posturing and politico-schmoozing is the grease that keeps the wheels of industry, etc. turning, but it enrages me when someone pretends to be an ally or a friend and turns around and goes on the attack. 

Do they think these things don't come out?  Do they think people don't eventually compare notes and discover the discrepancies?  Maybe they just don't care.

More respect is gained if somebody will just be their honest self.  I mean, come on, love me, hate me, but don't pretend.  I hate that crap.  There's nothing genuine in all that.

I do understand the need for politesse and diplomacy.  However, as far as I'm concerned, diplomacy does not involve saying things that are totally opposite just because you happen to be with somebody else.  I guess I'm never going to understand this phenomenon, and I should probably just file it in my "to ignore" basket, but it's wearing on me greatly right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....