Sunday, May 31, 2009

Summer

Today is the second day of my summer vacation. It's just now starting to register that I don't have to go to school tomorrow, and that giddiness of unexpected freedom is just now starting to flow through my veins.

Tomorrow I have to go to physical therapy for the first time, and I know that's not going to be fun. I am, however, looking forward to starting on the serious road to recovery with my knee. I'm already able to walk/hobble for short distances, and although it's a small thing, I'm proud of it.

I wanted to travel this summer here in Mississippi, to go to Clarksdale and to Natchez and do some simple tourism, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to get back on my feet fast enough. What I will be doing is spending time up at our shack in the woods on the porch with my Kindle reading. Just the thought of being able to do that without a pile of papers waiting on me is a luxury like sliding into a hot bubble bath. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....