Saturday, April 30, 2011

An Embarrassment of Riches

The summer season for TV has begun, and all my smart, wonderful, imaginary men are back.  Doctor Who is back, and while I'm still a bit ambiguous about Matt Smith in the role, the show just keeps blowing my mind.  We're only one episode in so far (ep. 2 is tonight), but I'm already befuddled.  It's grand.

In Plain Sight is about to gear up as well.  I've so missed Marshall.  He's a delight, so off-beat, so smart, so strong.  I hope he's a bigger part of the show this year.  I hope they find a way to mop up the atrocious mess they made at the end of last season, too.  The finale made me ill.

The best news, though, was totally unexpected:  Goren and Eames are coming back to Law and Order: CI.  I had stopped watching it altogether.  Goren has long been on my list of favorite fictional men.  He just got better and better with every season, and then, poof, he was gone.  That decision never made any sense.  With IPS off for the season and CI running random other folk, I had stopped watching USA altogether.  I flipped through the other day and caught a commercial for the new season of CI and was delighted to see that they're bringing Goren and Eames back.

I guess with these three shows, my DVR might actually get some use.  It will be nice to see these gentlemen do their thing once a week.  Of course, once summer is over, I guess the shows will be, too, but at least I can be entertained for awhile....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....