Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Please, Not Mono

I have been feeling so bad lately. I have no energy, and no matter how much I sleep, I always feel tired. Two days ago, my lymph node under my ear became swollen. I've never had that happen in all my many illnesses.

Today, I felt so horrible that I went and braved the overcrowded waiting room at my doctor's walk-in clinic. Once I got to the back, all I wanted to do was lie down on the paper-covered table and sleep until somebody made me better.

When the doctor came in, he checked me over and ordered a blood test. Then he uttered the worst of words...mono. It's not sure yet, and I'm fervently hoping it's just a sinus infection, but if it is, it's a doozy. I'm not really sinusy, but I'm completely wiped out. I won't know for about two weeks whether or not it's mono for about two weeks, but keep your collective fingers crossed for me. It's going to devastate my school year if I have to be out six weeks.

1 comment:

And then you said.....