Thursday, January 11, 2007

Golden Light

There was a golden light as I was driving to Jackson this morning for Tech Prep training. It was like the whole world was inside an amber ball. This light is the light of my dreams, the good ones anyway. It's one of the things I missed the most when I was in other countries and states. Nowhere but Mississippi has that delicate spun-honey light. Sometimes, in the summer, it looks like a tangible thing, like something you could carve or mold. I love it when it slants through the trees late in the evening, bars of warmth, columns of the sky. It's one of the few things that makes the endless back-and-forth of the interstate a pleasure, and watching it bathe everything in glory this morning helped balance out what turned into a very pointless day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....