Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Doodling and Distracted

I have a lot on my mind lately, some good things, some bad, so tonight's special meeting of the class-that-never-ends didn't bode well for my concentration. Although I love the class and I adore the teacher, I loathe the piece of literature we're working on right now, Spencer's tiresome epic The Faerie Queene. I keep praying Redcrosse will just get his sorry act together or that Una will get a spine and a sword.

I spent most of the four-hour block of class doodling and writing instead of listening. I couldn't focus on Una's perilous quest. I certainly didn't care about it. I hope I can get my thoughts collected before tomorrow night's marathon and final six hour bout with it. If not, I guess I'll kill more trees.

1 comment:

  1. Ha. In grad school, the big joke was to say you were doing your thesis/dissertation on the "use of the comma in Spenser's Faeries" All the good subjects seemed taken already.

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....