Wednesday, March 05, 2008

BLEAARRGHHH!!!

That's the noise I make right before my head explodes....

Tonight I stayed after my night class to talk with my professor about my upcoming paper. I needed to run my topic by him to get the imperial thumbs-up or thumbs-down. Yes, it's something I should have done long ago, I admit. Sue me. I'm am frantically treading water right now just to stay afloat.

Along with the royal nod of permission to pursue my humble little paper topic, I also got The Lecture about how I Should Have Started This Paper When the Semester Began. I just wanted to throw my Riverside at him and run away. Perhaps he's right. Certainly, it's a huge paper. Definitely, I will have to burn the midnight oil to get it done. However, I am wearing so many hats and doing so many things right now, that I'm sorry, but that paper isn't even on my horizon yet.

I am proud, though. I managed still and smiling pique. All I said was, "Don't worry. I'll get to it. I promise," and I gracefully swept off to my car.

Geez, I'm tired....

2 comments:

  1. I really like the new decor here! That's not a picture of your new tattoo down there on the left is it?

    I thought you were going to Germany on spring break???

    eh, paper, schmaper. You'll get it done and it will be excellent I'm sure. But what's a "Riverside" -- some kind of electronic device? a book, like a "Harbrace"? I'm out of touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, this isn't my tattoo. If I ever get one, it will be one of two designs, either a raven with wings spread in honor of the Morrigan, or a very small but detailed Japanese dragon.

    A Riverside Complete Works of Shakespeare. It weighs about eight pounds and makes a hefty projectile. ;)

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....