Sunday, March 09, 2008

Robert Graves' "The Portrait"

I added this poem to my blog as a permanent addition today just under my "About Me" section. When I read it, it struck me as though it were written about me. At least, I wish some man had written it about me; I feel this way so often. I feel like I stick out by not sticking out, if that makes any sense. I know for a fact I'm looking for the man who is different, too. I don't know if he's out there. I keep hoping, sort of in fits and starts, that he is.

2 comments:

  1. Just red a poem by a Swedish poet, Thomas Tranströmer, who by the way got the Nobel Prize in literature this year.

    Perhaps it fits you ...

    “The Glade
    In the midst of the forest there is an unexpected glade witch can only be found by one who’s got lost ….”

    Big hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to find this poem. I had heard he'd won the Nobel, but I have not read any of his work. I am still looking for my glade, I guess, but I'm definitely "one who's got lost." Thanks so much for the comment. And the hug. :)

      Delete

And then you said.....