Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Uneasy Mind

Horrible nightmares all night last night drive me back here to clear the cobwebs away.  I dreamed somebody I knew was choking me to death with a noose made of white cotton cord.  I knew the voice, but I couldn't see the face.  I couldn't fight or get away, and he kept telling me over and over that it was for my own good...it would be better when he was done.  The details were and still are horridly vivid.

I didn't get a lot of rest, needless to say.

I guess that dream and all the other crap that came along with it are just the products of my uneasy mind turning over the rocks and peering into the darkness beneath them.  I read several things online about dying in dreams and what that might mean because I always thought you weren't supposed to do that.  Apparently it's fairly common and could indicate a handful of very predictable things: feeling trapped in a situation, big changes coming, unresolved conflict with a person, etc. The ways the mind chooses to send messages to itself, encode meaning, sneak around behind its own back surreptitiously are vast, I suppose. It is a hideously unfunny hack scriptwriter with a flair for the melodramatic. If it can't just be straightforward, I wish it would put up a screensaver of a pretty meadow with sunshine and flowers while it's doing whatever it is it has to do and let me get a little sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....