Monday, July 16, 2012

More of the Same

If you're wondering where I've been, the answer is mostly on the road between here and Jackson.  My uncle is not really improving.  He remains in the VA MICU, and we don't really know when that will change.  Friday, Mom and I went over to see him.  Yesterday, it was a family trip.  When we don't go over, we call to get updates.  There is little change.  He's still on the ventilator and sedated.  

When we're not headed to Jackson, Mom and I work on my house.  It's been a full week as of today that we've been trying to get all the "big jobs" done as far as cleaning, and we're almost done now.  It's amazing how much stuff has piled up to take care of.  The two storage rooms in the back are in better shape than they probably ever have been since I have been living here.  My pantry has been cleaned out, and tremendous amounts of food from as far back as 1994 (what the actual....) have been discarded leaving only that which is usable.  My craft room has a new set of industrial metal shelves and massive organization.  My kitchen cabinets are rearranged, emptied out, and made useful.  My guest room is actually ready for guests instead of only being vacuum and luggage storage.  It's so fabulous to open a cabinet or go through a door and see order where previously there was only chaos.

There are still small pockets of clutter and jobs left to do.  It will all finish up with a massive housecleaning.  I guess it will get done about the time school starts, which, perhaps, is as it should be.  I can't tell you what a relief it is to me already to know that these messes won't be waiting for me at the end of a long day.  

It also gives me something to do instead of think of my uncle.  The busier I am, the less time I have to think about the "what ifs."  I guess I can keep finding tasks to take care of.  I don't really know what else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....