Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Transitional

Everything is transitional right now.

My house is transitioning into a place I'm not ashamed of.  We took two vehicles' worth of stuff from here and donated it to the Salvation Army today.  I also filled up the back of my Dad's big truck with trash that will go out on collection day tomorrow.  I think there are something like 14 bags....  This is a good transition.  It feels better every time a load of stuff leaves.

The summer is transitioning into the school year.  I took three large bags of stuff to my classroom today as part of the "cleaning out" process here at home, and I took the time to arrange my desks after the floor waxing, to put my trash cans back in place.  Then I made myself leave.  Next week, I'll need to go put in a day or two fixing things, prepping bulletin boards, putting away everything that I took today.  I got an email today for the first big PD I'm going to be a part of for the new year.

My uncle remains in the limbo of ICU.  We're waiting to hear back from the test results, waiting to know what happens next with him.

Things for me will solidify somewhat when the new year school year begins, but even there, in that place where I am most comfortable, unknown variables exist.  New co-workers.  New style.  New classes on a totally new schedule.  New textbooks.  New feeling about what I do as a whole because of the brutal stupidity of last year and also because of the wonder of Brazil.  Newly edited three-year plan which includes going back to Brazil again.

I always think that I'm getting to a place where everything is settling down, establishing patterns that will be peaceful and calm.  The truth is, I don't think this ever really happens.  Maybe it's not supposed to.  Maybe what we think of as a comfortable groove is only a deceptive rut and we have no real business being in it anyway if we want a good life.  I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....