Saturday, October 08, 2005

Recent Stuff

No quote. I'm doing well to be posting.

Life has just piled up on my lately, and I haven't felt much like posting. Mostly, I've just been grading papers and planning classes. This is the bad time of the year for me. The beginning of the school year and the end are okay. It's the mid-semester time when grades have to be in and everything is in process instead of wrapping up that things get tense.

I am going to be shedding some extra things that I've taken on. I hate to do it, but I had a crying panic attack the other night, and I think it's about time to accept the fact that I can't do everything. I did not come into this world swathed in a red cape with an "S" on it, and it takes far less exotic things than Kryptonite to bring me down.

I am also going to force time back into my life for some things that I love, but have abandoned. I am going to the gym Monday afternoon. I am going to go out and shoot pictures again. I am going to find a way to take a pottery class.

Basically, it's about balance. Mine is way off and I have to fix it.

I did have one complement, of sorts, yesterday. One of my AP students told me that my class was his favorite and that I was one of the only teachers he had whom he didn't hate. :) Left handed, but still pretty high praise from him. At least somebody appreciates what I do.

Well, this is short, but the point is that I did it. I really do enjoy my blog. I love to write and this has been such a good medium for me. This is another one of those elements that I am trying to find space for. I suppose only time will tell how successful I am.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:56 PM CDT

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been missing you, but I sure understand about balance. I used to think standing at the fulcrum of the see-saw, swaying back and forth, was fun.

    I hope you don't quit writing for my own selfish sake.

    Just something to share that I think you might enjoy.

    I listened to an interview with the founder of Chick-Fila the other day. He was an older gentleman, very eloquent and accented with a lovely manner. He told the story of how he started in business--how he as a youngster would buy a six pack of soda for .25 and sell them for a nickel a piece.

    The best part - he referred to them as Co-Colas. It has been so long that I've heard "Co-Cola" instead of "coke". I found myself repeating "Co-cola" to myself for days and smiling every time.

    Finding something that makes you smile all day--keep your eye on that prize. I hope to see you here to tell about it.

    (also if you go into the blogger home or help page, you can turn on word verification to stop spam comments)

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....