Monday, January 16, 2006

Total Chaos

I am sitting in my usual blogging spot, a rocking chair in my living room, and my refridgerator is almost close enough to touch. My dining chair currently serves as a cat perch at my shoulder, and I spent most of the day breaking down and emptying my bedroom closet. Life has GOT to get back to normal soon.

The man who is doing the repairs on the house is wonderful. I feel so confident now. Apparently, the whole thing was about to fall down. He's put in beams and insulation and floors. There are no longer crazy slopes to my kitchen floor or living room. It's a nice feeling.

As nice as it is to see these changes happening, I wish I could wake up tomorrow and not see my washer and dryer in my living room. Normalcy needs to return. Maybe by weeks end, I'll have linoleum and everything can move back to its usual place.

1 comment:

  1. I can go away from the house with the sort of confidence one is supposed to have when one lives indoors.

    That quote and this post would make your builder VERY happy to hear; but I'm sure you've told him. When my husband received happy customer comments, he redoubles his already-great efforts to make sure everything works perfectly.

    I'm glad your home is coming together so nicely. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....