Monday, January 07, 2008

January

I'm heading into my January slump. I can feel it creeping up like a slow mist rolling across an open field. January stinks. Even though I try not to judge it based on previous editions, there's just something about the month that's fundamentally grey and gloomy. Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's the end of the sparkly wonder of Christmas. Maybe it's the poverty or the impending crapfest double-whammy of Valentine's Day and my birthday hovering right around the corner. It just always seems that the sunless and cloudy skies creep into the corners of my heart during January, and I have a hard time shaking them out again. If there are fewer posts here for awhile, just chalk it up my not wanting to inflict my January blues on the rest of the world.

1 comment:

  1. It always seems that in January AND February I find I need more fantasy - my desire for the story that is *more than this earth* peaks then. I want the story of the mythic-heroic, the experience of the kiss that de-frogs the prince, the wildly happily ever after.

    That's another reason i save perusing my seed catalogs for well after Christmas, to lend color and aliveness to the dreary landscape of my brain and my surroundings.

    Turning the pages of those flower catalogs, believing that this year all will grow as if managed by the fairies of Findhorn, blooming and thriving despite climate unease and my own ineptness...that is one fantasy that moves me through the winter doldrums.

    There are others :-)!

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....