Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Final Papers, Willie Nelson, and Disaster Films (Yeah, NOW You're Curious....)

I can almost see it. I can almost reach it. I feel like those people in disaster movies who are almost out of the cave in/crash site. The cold, pale light of dawn is starting to filter through the gloom, and I begin to think I might survive.....

Of course, isn't this usually about the point in the film that things get really stupid?

No, no, I won't be a pessimist. Really....

You'll have to excuse the more-than-normal giddiness. I've just put the almost-final touches on the last of the big papers. I have a final left and a final refining of this paper and then, ladies and gentlemen, I'M FREAKIN' DONE!!!

(Willie Nelson just came on the radio...."On the Road Again". How appropriate. Everybody sing along.)

I've been up way past midnight for about three weeks in a row, and I have no reserves left. I almost had at least two wrecks on the way to work in the past two weeks, and I'm grateful that God was looking out for me even when I wasn't. I'm past grouchy, past incoherent, past simply burning the candle at both ends; I'm up to having nothing left to give.

It's okay now, though. I feel as though someone should come wrap me in one of those emergency blankets, hand me a cup of hot beverage, and start asking me questions about how it all started....

Yeah, it's clearly time to go to bed now.

More blogs later. Aren't you looking forward to more of THIS crap? Why do you read me again? (Insane laughter fades as she limps off toward a shower as hot as the pitiful little water heater can provide...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....