Sunday, March 27, 2005

Sock monkeys

Try as I might, I just cannot find a quote applicable to tonight's topic. I guess there's not a quote for everything, after all. That's okay. Tonight's post is short.

If you ever owned or liked the classic childhood toy, the sock monkey, check out this website. Make sure you go to the message board. I get a kick out of it. It makes me want to dig out my sewing supplies and make an army of them. Take a trip back to childhood (or sideways if you've never grown out of it) to the Red Heel Sock Monkey Shelter.

1 comment:

  1. Wow....let's see. How late can a response be and still be a response? Let's try around 10 days and see...

    I never had one as a kid. For some reason, sock monkeys caught my attention a few years ago. There are so many different ones, and I kind of like the fact that so many people create a one-of-a-kind thing, usually to share with somebody they love. I also love the book of black and white photos titled _Sock Monkeys: 200 out of 1863_. Somebody took a bunch of black and white photos and got some authors to make up stories about the monkeys. It's great, especially since most of the stories paint the monkeys as kind of dysfunctional freaks.

    Anyway, this is probably too much, too late, but I thought I'd at least try.

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....