Friday, March 25, 2005

Things I Want to Learn

"I am learning all the time. My tombstone will be my diploma." -- Eartha Kitt

There are so many things I want to learn to do. I thought I'd record a few of them for the amusement of the thronging thousands (or tens) who read me.

1. Throw pottery on a wheel -- I have some practice with molded pieces from working for a decorative ceramics studio. What I want now is to throw pots, especially bowls and pitchers. I tried to learn some in Japan, but the language barrier was too great.

2. Weld better -- I finally got to take a welding class, but I need more practice. A MIG welder and a plasma cutter couldn't hurt, either.

3. Play Mah Jong -- The pieces fascinate me. I have ordered a book and found a few people around here who know how to play, so this one may get checked off my list soon.

4. Play the banjo -- There's something about the sound that I love. Ever since a friend of mine introduced me to Bela Fleck, I've wanted to learn how to play the banjo.

5. Make Green Tea bread -- This one sounds odd, but there was a coffee shop in Toyohashi that made green tea bread and it was some of the best stuff I've ever tasted. I wish I had the recipe.

6. Crochet correctly -- I need more practice and somebody to watch for this.

7. Control my foil better -- Fencing. How I miss it. How much more terrible I probably am now since there is no fencing in this area.

Short entry tonight. Nothing deep or meaningful. The full moon prohibits solemnity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....