Friday, March 26, 2010

Honey, If I Just Passed Your Mustang in My PT Cruiser, You're Doing Something Wrong

So I'm coming home from town today, and suddenly, there is a pair of Mustangs hovering around and about me.  I didn't think much about them.  Usually, they zip away quickly.  This pair, though, sped up and slowed down in that annoying fashion meaning they were being driven by people who either a) don't understand the concept of cruise control or b) were too young to have been entrusted with a car like that, especially on a Friday night. 

One would blow past me, and then suddenly I'd see brake lights.  What the heck?  Short of a wreck or other road emergency, who does that on the interstate?  Repeatedly?  It wasn't like they looked down, saw they were going 110 and thought, "Whoa...I need to slow it down...."

I bumped my cruise up a bit and passed one (something a four-cylinder car should never have been able to do, a profound violation of the universe) and got away from them for awhile.  Eventually, whatever malfunction they were having resolved itself, and they streamed by again and disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....