Saturday, March 06, 2010

Yeah, So....SCORE....

I went to the Hell of Retail today and did my preshopping for Rome today.  I figured that if I could get the first run of tiddly-piddly shopping out of the way, I'd feel less stress later in the week.  Inevitably, I will have to go again for whatever it is I forgot despite the fact that I made a very careful list, but at least I think I got most of what I'll need and what my pets will need while I'm gone.

While I was in Hell...um, I mean, shopping... I saw an iHome dock alarm clock in their sale aisle.  It was last year's model and the last one they had or something, so they'd shuffled it off to the "sell it fast and cheap" section.  It originally cost $50 and I managed to pick it up for $13.  I think that's a pretty nice shopping score, actually.  Since I have been deeply ambiguous about getting one of these, I was glad to find this one so cheap.

I think it's going to be just what I wanted.  I can charge my iPod on it (it doesn't do my iPhone, but I don't really listen to a lot of music off my iPhone anyway....) and use my iPod as part of my alarm clock aparatus now.  I can also listen to music in bed without having to hook the iPod up to some elaborate and difficult clock radio system not made for that .  Of course, being the Queen of Geeks, my favorite part is that now I can run iLava all the time and it won't run down the battery....  What can I tell you?  It's the little things that get me through these troubled times.....

Another thing I love about it is that I can just cut the lights on it OFF.  I hate light in the room while I'm trying to sleep.  I'm incredibly photosensitive.  Part of it has to do with my being a migraineur, I think.  If there's a lot of light coming into a room, even from a really bright alarm clock or a night light, I have to figure out some way to block it off.  I don't do the whole eye mask thing because it feels weird, but whoever designed this was thoughtful.  The clock will light up if you want it to, stay on like a night light if you like, or cut off if you want darkness.  Thank you, world of choice. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to having music to doze off to now.  I haven't had that for a long time.  I used to love to use the sleep function on my old clock radio before I replaced it with my MoonBeam clock.  Now that I'm back to something that does music again, I guess I'll have to made a very short playlist of something dreamy.  I'm thinking that my usual listening fare isn't going to give me peaceful, fluffy-cloud dreams, somehow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....