Friday, January 14, 2011

Migraine Storm

I had a bad week headache-wise, and I haven't really gotten anything else done because of it.  Tuesday, I had an episode that terrified me.  I looked up at lunch and actually saw something that wasn't there.  There was something the size of a largish melon but bright red like a tomato smashed on the floor.  It had a bright yellow center.  I was trying to figure out where it came from, who had dropped it and why they weren't cleaning it up, when it registered that it wasn't there anymore.  It was gone.  It never had been there. 

I've never had that happen to me before.  Right after that, the sort of mild headache that had been hanging around all day flared.  Of course, I was out of Maxalt, so....

That was a bad day.  I don't remember how I got home, but I did, thank God.  The next day I was sick all day with sort of residual fatigue and ache.  The migraine kept threatening to flare back up, and I never had any energy.  It felt almost like having the flu.

Yesterday was okay.  I felt like myself again.  I don't know what caused all the weirdness this time around.  I tried to call my doctor's office and find out if I needed to be worried, but of course, his pathetic receptionist didn't have him or his nurse practitioner call me back, so I still don't know.  I hate his desk staff.  They ruin what is otherwise a very good clinic.

I'm going to rest this weekend, especially since we have an extra day.  Maybe next week will be totally headache free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....