Sunday, December 23, 2012

It Will Be Mine

(well, as of early March, anyway)

So, today I gave in and went to joshritter.com and pre-ordered The Beast in Its Tracks.  I know there are MONTHS between me and the release date, and I was really only sort of looking around, but then I saw the bundle that has this in it.  That was the deal-clincher.

Does this pattern look familiar to you?  Like, oh, say, something you might have seen me blog about before?  I can't get over how much stuff I like Josh Ritter winds up having in his work/art/etc.  Ancient Egypt.  Hamlet.  The greek/evil eye.  Frankenstein (I will always believe that "Another New World" ties back to Robert Walton until I'm told otherwise.)

I like the song I've heard from the new album, the released single.  I can't believe I won't love the whole thing.  I had to laugh today when I saw on Twitter than Neil Gaiman had gotten an advance copy and didn't have anything to play it on wherever it is that he was.  I like the idea of those two being friends, though.  I have often wondered if they knew each other before the WITS show.  Clearly now they do.  I should think that the potential for fabulous cross-pollination between those two storytellers is mind-boggling.

I am just a simple teacher-person, though.  No titan of creativity am I.  Therefore, I don't get an advance copy.  Sigh.  That's okay.  My duly pre-ordered one should get here right before my Spring Break trip, and I will be wearing that shirt through Italy.  I'll put it with my greek eye stuff that I got from Brazil.  The music can keep me company through the flight.  It's one more thing I can look forward to with my countdown timer to Italy, I guess.

There were lots of other things on the website I wanted.  He has a poster with Anubis playing the guitar.  If that doesn't run out, I will get one of those for my classroom.  It makes me happy.  I can justify having it up all the time because of Mythology.  They also had a zip-front hoodie for "The Curse."  I don't wear a lot of hoodies, but this one made me grin.  If I can free up money in a month or so, I might get that for my birthday present to myself.

For lots of reasons, March can't get here fast enough.  I can't wait until I open my mailbox and find my bundle.  Good music, cool design, last minute packing for a place I've always wanted to go.  Can't beat that with a stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....