Monday, December 10, 2012

So TONIGHT, I'm Going to...

(a list)


  • lock my freakin' cat out of my bedroom - I have a knifing pain in my back that keeps me from being able even to twist my torso to look behind me.  This is courtesy of Dillon who has decided the BEST PLACE IN THE KNOWN WORLDS is curled on my pillow on top of my head.  I woke up ten times at least last night in agony from contorting to allow her to purr and knit, purr and knit.  
  • go to bed early enough that even if I am rudely awakened, I can still not feel horrid the next day.
  • mine my driveway so any "nighttime funseekers" are blown "at the moon," to quote my favorite Dane.  Last night's 12:30 shenanigans were sufficient to make me spooked for a long time.
  • put on my fuzzy pjs.  BECAUSE HAVE YOU BEEN OUTSIDE?  It's getting cold.  This isn't a bad thing.  Fuzzy jammie weather is awesome.  Love me some fuzzy jammies.
  • eat the rest of the key lime pie.  It's been waiting patiently.  I think it deserves my undivided attention. 
  • pray this "disturbance in the Force" in my head doesn't turn into a full-fledged migraine.  Because that would suck.  A lot.  
  • watch a musical, probably either Singin' in the Rain or Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.  Or, you know, something like Ferris Bueller or The Women.  In any case, it should be light, fluffy, and full of happiness.  Fuzzy jammies and key lime pie do not go with Citizen Kane (which I sat down to watch last night and just finally turned off because it was making me so totally depressed).  
  • paint my toenails blue.  Or silver.  Or red glitter.  Or purple.  Or green.  Or.....
  • plot and plan my first, honest-to-God, cold day of winter outfit for tomorrow.  It's probably an indicator of something quite sad that I'm so happy about the cold weather, but, well, there you have it.  The scarf/jacket/hat combination must be carefully considered....
I don't know what you're up to with your evening, but may it be every bit as satisfying to you as fuzzy jammies and pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....