Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Just Another Crap Tuesday

It had already been a bad day when it happened.  I was on the interstate headed home trying to outrun the things that made me sad, trying to let the music and the movement cheer me.  I saw something appear suddenly on the edge of the the road.  I started slowing, and a dog ran across both lanes in front of me.  I was scared enough, but I was happy the dog was across and safe.

Then the other one ran out to follow.

I managed to dodge it, but it got scared and couldn't decide between the safety of where it had come from and the place where its friend was.  I saw it go under the 18-wheeler behind me.

And then I just screamed.

I managed to get to an exit where there's a gas station I go to fairly often, and I pulled off because I was crying too hard to see.  It was one of the worst things I have ever seen.  The poor creature was young, alone, and scared.

When I made it home, I came in and grabbed my dogs and just held them.  They are all rescues.  It could have been them easily at different points in their lives, those times when they were uncared-for, unprotected, unloved.  I wish that the dog from today had a family that took care of it.  To think that anything dying without love is too much, even for a Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....