Tuesday, April 25, 2006

State Test

It's over! I don't know if the kids feel as much relief as I do, but I am sure happy. As soon as we handed in the test materials, it felt as if a huge stone was lifted. I hope everyone did their best on it. Even though I know I'll have a few who won't make it through, I can say that I felt confident going in this year. That was new.

This will be very brief. I'll try to get back to regular blogging soon. One more poetry mention before I go. I rediscovered Blake's "Poison Tree". Very good. I especially love the art he did to go with it. Check it out if you have the time.

1 comment:

  1. I know you are glad to be done with that test. My daughter had the equivalent when she was in grade school - T CAPS - and the stress level in the offices and hallways was palpable. Her father taught second grade and since I can't stand him anymore, I always hoped for extra pressure to make him miserable.

    Segue, Poison Tree. oooops.

    Remembered the poem but had to google the artwork. I'm not sure what kind of dinner companion Blake might be but he was certainly insightful and mullti-talented.

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....