Sunday, March 31, 2013

At Loose Ends

If you're wondering where I've been, the answer is...nowhere.   I am at sort of at loose ends with several things.  I heard back from the Japan summer trip.  It's a no-go.  I still haven't heard anything from Turkey; I'm afraid to be optimistic.  I want it so much, more every time I go on Pinterest (I've set up a board there just for stuff about Turkey).

It's more than just that, though.  I keep feeling like it's time to make some kind of change, but I don't know what kind of change to make.  Should I change jobs?  Hairstyles?  The type of yogurt I have for lunch?  Should I learn another language?  How to crochet?  How to rebuild an engine?

I feel a vague dissatisfaction with everything, and I don't know why.  Nothing is terrible now.  I mean, of course, my car is still screwing up and leaving me stranded.  And I still have work stress.  Migraines.

I don't know what to do about any of this, though.  Is there even a way to make it better?  Isn't this what life is just made of?  I'm trying to stay focused on good things.  Into every life a little crap must fall but that doesn't mean it's all crap all the time.

Maybe it's just spring, that time of new beginnings.  Sometimes it fills the air and makes me want to bloom with the daffodils and the dogwoods.  I wish I knew what I needed to bloom myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....