Saturday, September 07, 2013

Thoughts on Women

I needed some quotes for something I'm writing, so I headed over to my best resource for that, QuoteGarden.com.  I love them, have been using them for years for research and general entertainment since I love quotes.

Tonight, I was looking for something interesting about strong women for a story I'm doing, and, while these aren't quite ones that fit the thing I'm working on, they are good ones nonetheless.

There is no such thing as an ugly woman.  ~Vincent Van Gogh
Oh, Vincent.  Just one more reason to love, love, love you.  As if I needed another....

Some men know that a light touch of the tongue, running from a woman's toes to her ears, lingering in the softest way possible in various places in between, given often enough and sincerely enough, would add immeasurably to world peace.  ~Marianne Williamson, "A Woman's Worth"
Exactly.  I don't think that needs commentary from me other than that.

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.  ~Author Unknown
Hmm.  Maybe.  Definitely the last part is true.  I am not sure about the first.  I have brains but no beauty (although Vincent thinks otherwise), and I don't think I'd trade.

Men who don't like girls with brains don't like girls.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966
I have this one on my desk.  I've always thought that guys who don't like girls with brains are really just looking for a mirror or a toy....

They may talk of a comet, or a burning mountain, or some such bagatelle; but to me a modest woman, dressed out in all her finery, is the most tremendous object of the whole creation.  ~Oliver Goldsmith
Oh, Goldsmith.  You old flirt.  I like the idea that he liked the idea of a woman being modest.  That quality certainly doesn't seem to be in high appreciation today.

That's probably enough.  I do have something else I'm doing, after all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....