Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mothership



I ordered this about a month ago after seeing that it was coming out while I was cruising around iTunes one day. It came yesterday, and this morning, I drove to school listening to "Heartbreaker". Ahhhh.....

I love all kinds of music, really. I listen to just about everything except rap, but sometimes, there's nothing that will do except Led Zeppelin. I haven't had it in my CD collection for a long time, though. I haven't wanted to just buy one CD because I like so many songs, and funds haven't been sufficient in the old budget to spring for the box set. When I saw that Mothership was coming out, I was thrilled.

I know many music aficionados sneer at the "greatest hits" collection, and in truth, there are some bands whose every disc I own, but for the most part, I just like to have a collection of great songs by an artist that I can rip to my iPod or throw in the CD player. If I have every track from an artist, that's usually because I've been getting every album as it came out. It's true that there are a couple of songs that I do wish were present in this collection that are not, but that's what iTunes is for, after all....

I've made myself a nifty little playlist that's made up of three hours of the Stones and Led Zeppelin, and tomorrow afternoon once all my little darlings have headed back to their respective domiciles, I'm going to crank it so loud it shakes the mortar from the bricks, clean up my room, water my plants, unplug my electronics, and peel out of the parking lot to the blissful freedom of Thanksgiving holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....