Thursday, November 22, 2007

Top Five Wishes for the Holidays

As I'm thumbing through magazines and facing the monumental task of trying to figure out what the heck to get my family and friends for Christmas, I was sort of facetiously making a list of what I want for the holidays for myself. If anybody is looking for a gift for old Cygnus this year, here are my top five:

1) Plane Tickets -- To where you ask? Any-freakin'-where-not-here, and that includes central Alabama, eastern Minnesota, Northern Alaska, and other non-touristy destinations. Actually, if the fairy godmother was coming around with the magic wand, I think I'd like tickets to either England or Japan. Right. I'm sure she'll get right on that.

2) A Dodge Charger -- loaded, dark blue, a minimum of chrome, with the BIG Hemi, please. Go ahead and stuff the glove box full of cash for the inevitable speeding tickets, too, probably.

3) Diamond studs -- No chips for me. I want at least a half carat per ear. If I can't get a ring on the finger, I'll wear those diamonds in my ears.

4 and 5) I'm willing to use up two positions on the wishlist for this one last impossible dream: The mythical tall, smart, funny, faithful, Christian guy who reads, speaks at least one other language, likes to travel, and is possibly even from another country altogether. If Santa can swing this one, he can keep all the other stuff on my wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....