Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Blog Does Its Phoenix Routine

I completely overhauled the old blog today. Part of that was driven by the fact that I feel terrible today in the wake of last night's migraine, so I'm mostly just lying here on the couch today with the netbook in my lap. In an effort to accomplish something like usefulness today, I decided I would take care of that other blog template.

The other thing that led me to this was the absolute non-functionality of that other template. While I loved the colors and the design at the top, the notebook design itself had always bothered me, as had the little tabs down the side that read "Undefined." Too much of my life is actually undefined without every blog entry being labeled as such. It also made all the photos that I import from various sources MUCH too large. Regular Blogger templates are supposed to help put a size limit on them without the author having to download, resize, upload, etc. Then there was the fact that there was no blogger bar at the top for navigation/ease of creation of new entries. That aspect of the old template drove me crazy from the moment I installed it. I've just been too lazy and/or occupied to try to fix it or replace it until today.

This template is a return to something much simpler, I suppose, but with blogs, simple is better. Most of the templates I looked at were so over-designed that one couldn't even read the posts. I want a little pizazz down the sides, but I still want the words to be clear. I think this one might be a good blend of those two things...at least until I get bored again and redecorate.

Anyway, all the traditional accoutrement of bloggage is back, at least as far as I know, anyway. I added a couple of new widgets for you to toy with if you have the time. The Magic 8 Ball is a perennial favorite of mine in all its many forms, so I hope you'll forgive its presence here. Smile indulgently. You might as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....