Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Not Enough

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Since Saturday, things have just been insane. Dad has been in CCU since the heart attack, and we've been shuttling back and forth to visit him there, going to my PT, and trying to take care of the minutia of daily life. Mom and I are both at the breaking point with it all. It's too much.

This is a season of trial, I suppose, but I don't feel like I can do enough to help out with it. I am trying to do what I can, but as I watch the toll it's taking on my mother, it seems woefully inadequate. I can only make calls, act as a communication center, deal with computer-related issues, and try to control my own reactions.

Tomorrow will be another surgery, another stressor, and there are a whole handful of things that need to be scheduled and taken care of by way of repairs, visits, and maintenance. If there were only three of me, and if at least one of them had healthy movement, maybe we could get some of these things taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....