Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Used Up

Today I feel used up, like a crumpled piece of notebook paper left under a desk after the last bell, like an empty box of Kleenex waiting to be discarded, hollowed out, useless, everything that was good in me taken, consumed, only the shell left. I know it's a phase that will cycle, but while I'm in it, it's a horrible place to be.

Indifference and apathy are like big heavy boots crushing my spirit, and I don't have the requisite reserves right now to spring back from it. I know better than to focus on it, know better than to let the few distract me from the many, and yet.... I need to recharge somehow; I just don't know how. It's so hard to keep pulling rabbits out of hats sometimes.

I'm just tired. Maybe sleep is the answer. Maybe a night of rest will fix all that's wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....