Monday, February 21, 2011

Made with My Own Hands

He's not fired yet, but here is my Jester.  You may have noticed that he is now my new blog icon.  It just felt appropriate.  This is a detail shot taken with Instagram (one of my very favorite iPhone apps; if you don't have it, you should get it) before he was put in the kiln for bisque firing. 

I still haven't decided on a color scheme, but I leaning toward either something very neutral with a brown/bronze hat and black mask for him or a red hat and parti-colored body as an alternative.  I think he'll look good either way, but I don't know which will be better.

Making him has been great fun, so I can't wait to finish him up completely.  When he's totally done, I'll put up another image.  I hope you can suffer through this pride of craft and indulge me in it just a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....