Sunday, February 20, 2011

Signs

I went out with my camera yesterday to try to take some pictures.  I couldn't find anywhere to turn my lens.  I drove all over four towns, and I took only four pictures. 

The driving of course was the important part.  Driving clears my head sometimes.  I drove and thought, drove and prayed, looking for a sign about what comes next.  I found myself lost in backstreets that led to unexpected but auspicious places.  I pulled up in parking lots and sat, looked at buildings.

I was looking for a sign.  Well, I guess literally and figuratively, something to photograph and something to guide me, both.  On my way out of one of the towns, I think I saw it.

When I got home, I sent an email to someone I have known for a long time.  I'll see what happens next.  Regardless of the outcome, a curious sense of lightness has come over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....