Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Snow

We may or may not have snow tonight.  Some flakes are falling now, but after all the recent cries of Wolf, I am something of a skeptic.  I will believe in the whiteness when I see the whiteness. 

It would be nice to have.  We haven't had snow in a long time, not a real snowfall.  I'd love to get out and take snow pictures now that I have a good camera.  The last pictures I took were just with my iPhone.
 
I miss the snow from Indiana.  I have crazy memories of a huge mass of graduate students, a bunch of cheap sleds bought at KMart, and a big snowy hill....  Of course, I also have not-so-happy memories of creeping across campus trying not to be the obligatory student-on-his/her-backside on the ice-slicked sidewalks since no salt could be used on IU's campus...  It wasn't funny to see somebody's legs go flying out from under them after you had it happen to you once.

As I listen to the icy drops click against the window, I wonder what my world will look like tomorrow.  I wonder if I'll have to go to work.  I guess all the mysteries will be revealed soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....