Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Ides of February

Whooo-hooo!!!! I got the news today that I have been accepted by one of the Pit Bull Rescue groups, and a lovely red-nose pit mix named Missy is going to become a part of my family. I have to figure out the logistics of getting her here (she's in TN, currently) and the timing (I hope Spring Break is going to be okay), but it's official!

This experience has been a mixed thing. Some of the groups I've talked to have been so kind and encouraging, even if there were barriers (mostly distance) to my adopting one of their dogs. A couple of the groups have been downright rude, though. I guess they probably have a lot of email to sort through, but when a person is legitimately trying to adopt an animal, that sincere wish should at least be acknowledged with an automated email.

Back to Missy.... She's beautiful, and the rescue society lady says she's good with other dogs and playful. I am excited for Yelldo. He has been so sedentary since Britta died. He needs a friend to play with. I think, once we get over the shock of new dog in my space, he's going to have a good time.

You can see a picture of Missy on the PBRC rescue site. Click here to go straight to Missy. You may need to scroll down a bit.

Well, I'm off to an afternoon of "dog dreaming." I am going to Wal-Mart tomorrow to start getting presents for her. It's so amazing that she's finally going to be mine!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I took a look at Missy and she has a playful look in her eye. I know you are excited.

    I've always wanted a full blooded Irish Wolfhound (we have a dog now we believe to be an IW mixed with something smaller) but the rescue sites require the dog be indoor only. Its kind of hard for me to imagine a 140 lb dog inside all the time but I'm sure they have reasons for the rule.

    I'll bet its hard to wait til Spring Break! for lots of reasons.

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....