Sunday, February 05, 2006

Picture


I promised this shot quite a while ago, but today was the first time the weather was clear and I was home/not sick, etc., enough to get it. I'll try to include some of my cameos later. This is my bottle tree. If you look carefully enough, you can also see Friedrik the Gnome lurking on an old tree stump. He keeps the daffodils tended and the bottle tree upright with Gnome Magic. That's the only explanation for why the wind we had last week didn't knock the whole affair over.

2 comments:

  1. You've got blooms!!!! I am so jealous, at least now, maybe not in the summer. (its hot and humid enough here, but I remember those Moss Point summers and bugs!-whew!) My daffodils are just starting to poke out of the ground. Who is not cheered by a daffodil?

    I love the tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had a ridculously warm winter this year. Normally, we don't get daffodils until late Feb., early March. I love them, though. My grandmother planted these a long time ago, and they've naturalized and taken over this flower bed. I look forward to them every year. I always cut a huge bouquet of them and enjoy the fragrance of Spring.

    I'm thinking of putting another couple of trees up around the property. I am trying to collect bottles, but it's harder than you'd think to find colored glass!

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....