Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Phil Spector's A Christmas Gift for You


Today, the DHL man zipped up the driveway in his large, appropriately-yellow van, managed to overcome his fear of Roux, and delivered Phil Spector's Christmas compilation to my door. It's a fabulous bit of Christmas fluff. I have been listening to it as I've been driving around in this unseasonably hot 75 degree weather to finish out my Christmas shopping, and I am in a better mood than I've been in for a long time. I think it's probably impossible to listen to the Crystals sing "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" and be grumpy. I went bopping down the interstate and didn't once feel like yelling at anyone. I even managed to be cheery in the midst of the chaotic hell that is Wal-Mart these last few days before the holiday because no matter how many people cut me off with carts or screaming children, I was humming "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" a la the Ronettes. It was great. It's amazing how happy thirteen bucks can make a person sometimes...

1 comment:

  1. Yea! When the spirit comes, rejoice!

    I've been granted an early Christmas present, a new put-out puppy, christened Ozzy. I put his picture up a couple days ago. I wasn't looking for a new dog, but sometimes, the choosing is done for you.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....