Friday, July 13, 2007

Dr. Who and Shakespeare

"Your eyes are so old for a man so young." (Shakespeare)
"I read a lot." (The Doctor)

"Shakespeare Code" -- Dr. Who

I just saw the Shakespeare Code episode of the new Dr. Who series, and I think it might just be one of the best episodes I've ever seen. Granted, I still cherish Tom Baker, and The Pyramids of Mars still ranks at the top of my list, but this one was SOOOO good.

I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact that it was dealing with one of the other loves of my life, Shakespeare. The three witches from Macbeth show up, too. The setting, the physical aspects, the storyline, all were really well done. And of course, I am very curious about why Elizabeth I wanted to cut off his head at the end. I hope they'll go ahead and answer that question on down the line.

Even though I wasn't too crazy about the current Doctor at the beginning of his run, now that he's in his second season, I think he's become my second favorite Doctor after the Fourth Doctor. This series just keeps getting better. I think I'll stay up until it comes on again and watch it all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....