Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Good News?

I mailed my teaching license renewal packet to our wonderful State Department of Education about eight weeks ago. Since then, I have been getting increasingly agitated as day after day has passed and no license has been in my mailbox. I cannot, after all, sign a contract with my school until I get that little piece of paper from the Dept. of Ed.

I tried to call them about a month ago, and after waiting for an hour on hold never actually having made contact with a human being, I emailed them. I was told that processing time runs 4-6 weeks and that I needed to wait. Since today is week 8 and 6 days, I decided I'd try to call once again.

To my surprise, I got a polite human being after only five minutes of waiting. She gave me the revelatory news that I was sent a license on May 24. Now, I don't know what to think about that. All I can say is that I've been watching that mailbox like the proverbial hawk for any trace, any envelope fragment that might be from the Dept. of Ed. They kindly agreed to send me a new copy AT NO CHARGE (don't get me started about the fact that there was a five minute phone hold while they decided whether or not I'd have to pay for the copy that got lost between Jackson and here), and God willing, I should have it in hand by Friday. Won't THAT be a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....