Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Drifting Thoughts

Today was a crazy day for me.  Last week and this one have centered around this afternoon at 4:30.  I had an appointment that was important to me, so important that nobody even knew I was going to it except for my Mom and my Dad since they tend to know everything about my life.  I was supposed to have had it last Friday, but it got canceled and rescheduled.

I have a tendency not to tell anybody about things that really matter.  It's almost a superstitious thing, as though talking about it too much might tempt the Fates to intervene and destroy it.  I've been that way about one other thing before.  It was a brief moment of happiness, a meal with a friend that I didn't want to have to answer a bunch of questions about or have to endure too many needlessly hopeful glances from all those people who still expect me to "bag a husband" any day now. 

The thing worked out sort of so-so, and is in a bit of a holding pattern, but I feel better for having done it. I think having done it is the valuable thing.  No matter which side the coin finally lands on, heads or tails, at least I was brave enough to take the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....