Friday, November 05, 2010

New

I've been reinventing everything this week.  I hit one of those points where I looked around and was sick of everything, my house, myself, everything.  It all had to go.

I got all my hair cut off, back to a haircut that skims my chin, one I wore in Bloomington, one that makes my mother sort of wince, and I love it.  I can style it in five minutes and I don't have to pull it up to get it out of my face.  It's never in my face unless I want it to be, and then it's in my face in a way that I like, not in a way that's irritating.

My bedroom also got a makeover.  I started that a couple of weeks ago with a new dark green comforter.  The sheets I had needed to be replaced, so I went to Tuesday Morning to see what they had.  They had GIRAFFE.  PRINT.  SHEETS.  400 hundred thread count, no less. I dithered.  I picked them up and put them down.  I walked away.  I considered a sober solid brown sateen.  I looked at them out of the corner of my eye.  And I said to myself, "What the hell?  Nobody ever sees them but you.  You'll smile like an idiot every time you get in that bed, make it up, or even walk past it.  Get the freakin' sheets."  I scooped them into my arms and proceeded with all due speed to the checkout.  I was right, too.  I grin every time I see those sheet....

My payday splurge was a pair of red Chucks.  They, too, make me exceptionally happy.  I have always wanted a pair of red Converse sneakers, but I never could find them anywhere.  Enter the beauty of the Internet.  I just went to the Converse website and ordered them straight from the factory.  They fit like a dream, shine more beautifully than anything Dorothy ever clicked together three times on her heels, and allow me to scurry all over my huge campus with ease.  Good deal, I think.

These little reinventions make me feel good.  Ultimately, I think it's not the Devil that is in the details; it's life.  Right now, anyway, it's survival.  At least, it's that way for me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....