Sunday, November 07, 2010

Want....

This....this is a thing of beauty.  This is a Pelikan Duo 205 Demonstrator that has been made into a Highlighter.  Yum.  I didn't know such a creature existed, but leave it to Levenger to have such a gorgeous, tempting delicacy.  I must have this.  I like highlighters, but I always need to write notes, so I rarely use them when I annotate.  This neatly solves the problem, and it's so....pretty.  I just want to pick up and turn it over and over in my fingers.  Doesn't it tempt you?

Fountain pens are a particular weakness of mine, elegant tools of the written word that they are.  I always say that even the crappiest paperwork becomes more tolerable if you can do it with something lovely in your hand.  Being the veteran of many a pile of horrid and obligatory paperwork, you can trust me on this....  There are times when ballpoint pens are necessary or even preferable - triplicate forms being the perfect example, perhaps.  However, for the rest, it's nice to take out something that is not disposable, not transient, unscrew its cap, feel its weight in your hand, and get started.  A fountain pen in the hand is a weapon, a small sword to carve one's way through the daily grind.

I will eventually add this one to my arsenal.  I'll probably need to save a month or so first.  The price is not exorbitant, but I am on teacher wages.  It might be a part of my Christmas list.  Sooner or later, though I look forward to using it.  As much of this kind of writing as I do, it should make all that time much more pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....