Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sick. Restless. Rain.

I've been sick the past few days, really deeply not-getting-up-long-ish sick.  I'm better today.  Tomorrow, I'll probably be right as rain.

Speaking of which.

I can hear it falling on the metal roof, and it's calling me to bed, but I sort of don't want to give in.  I mean, yeah, the bed sounds all kinds of wonderful.  It's not too cold or too hot tonight, and the thought of putting on my pajamas and sliding my feet in against the cool crisp giraffe-printed cotton of my sheets is a serious enticement.  Like an overtired toddler, though, I am kicking against it, holding out stubbornly.

Why?

I don't know.  Maybe because I'm tired of going to bed at a "respectable" hour.  It seems like I race home, walk dogs, walk dogs, walk dogs, and go to bed.  While I love my dogs, something is missing.

Oh, likely, it's just my gypsy feet acting up.  I have caught myself looking longingly at this gorgeous old silver Airstream a guy down on Main Street in Podunk has and wondering if it's totally ragged out inside, if he might be impelled to part with it for something less than a fortune.  Most of my Pinterest activity for the last little while has been impossible escapes and places that just look to glorious to be real.

Most of the time, I'm okay.  I am working along on plans for things here, projects, school things, and as long as I'm occupied, it's fine.  When I get sick, when it rains, all the need to go and see something else crops up like a dam holding it back is somehow destroyed when the furious motion stops.

Someday.  Someday, I am going to take that 1950s vacation where I load all my crap and some of my animals up into an Airstream,  pull it with a little old truck of some make and model earlier than 1970, and I'm going to drive all the way out to California.  This is a thing I am going to do.  I'm going to take a million pictures, buy the cheesiest souvenirs I can find, and collect state stickers for the Airstream or some such thing.  There is too much of *this* country I haven't seen.

I just wish I could get started on this project tomorrow.  Instead, there is only being sick.  And restless.  And the rain....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....