Saturday, February 23, 2013

Virtual Welding and Other Internet Activites

I'm trying to get ready to start using the MIG welder I got from my parents for my birthday.  It's been a long time since I took the class, and I am pretty sure that I've forgotten almost everything. Fortunately there isn't as much to refresh myself on as there would be if I were trying to reteach myself arc welding.

Today probably would have been a good day weather-wise to try it, but I keep picturing myself in the emergency room because I didn't take enough care.  Instead, I've been making a mind map of links and resource on Mind42, reading and saving big PDFs to Evernote, and shopping for tools.  You know.  Time-wasting digital prep.

It's nice to do.  It's nice also just because it's so very different from everything else I usually do.   The past few days have been rough, and even though I basically came home and fell down last night, I am still exhausted.  I slept for ten hours, got up, had breakfast and walked the dogs, and went back to sleep for two more hours.  The only problem is that I could go back in there right now and sleep more.  Probably it's just the time of the school year.  If I can get through 11 more days, I will have Italy.

And after that, a few days in which to start welding....


No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....