Saturday, September 09, 2006

Genetics

I went up to have dinner with Mom and Dad tonight, and Mom was in a state of near-exhaustion. She's obligated to do this, that, and the other and then has school stuff on top of it. She, like me, works 14 hour days at school, and still comes home and grades into the night.

I guess I come by it honestly. I suppose I should have known this was the way it was going to be. After all, I've spent my entire life watching her do this. I never knew there was any other way to be a teacher.

There are other ways, though. I know lots of teachers who roll out with or just after the buses. My question is how? Are they doing it all at home? I wish I were that disciplined. Are they just not doing it at all? If that's the case, how do they stay employed or look at themselves in the mirror?

I think I'm just a poor time manager. There's got to be an easier way to get these things done with the same quality. Maybe I'm just genetically cursed to do it the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....