Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday House Call?

I was working on getting things cleaned up this morning, and my phone rang. It was a BellSouth repairman asking if he could come out today and take care of the repair issue with my kitchen phone jack. I almost fell over. I had no idea they worked on Sundays.

He came out, and in about 45 min., fixed the wiring problem. Apparently, something (probably a large reddish pit bull or her small golden sidekick) had chewed the wires leading into the house. I am so glad that it's fixed! Not having a phone right there was a terrible inconvenience.

Well, there's not really more to tell. I'm still working on school stuff and watching D'Onofrio, so life goes on. It's nice not to have exciting things to tell, sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure you are aware of this, but the season premiere of L&O-CI is tonight with the Goren-Eames team. I think that nasty English woman (forgot her name, goren's nemesis) is coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was wrong about the English nemsis returning. Where do I get my tv news, anyway! But that was one of the best episodes of CI I've seen in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well....

    I knew it was coming on, and I tried to tune in at 8, but my regular tv antenna was demolished by Katrina, and I didn't really think about needing it until last night at 7:55. :(

    I MISSED IT! All I could see was ghosts through snow. It broke my heart.

    The situation will be fixed before next week. I can't believe I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year, either USA or TNT would put the new season episodes on about 3 weeks after the first airing. I don't know if that's still happening but maybe worth checking out. It was kind of jazzed up actionwise compared to the L&O format of old.

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....